The After School Education and Safety Program (ASES) seeks to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our most important resource, our students. We strive to enhance the learning experience of children and provide them with numerous enrichment opportunities.
Our three main goals include the following:
- To improve students academic achievement
- To increase positive behavior
- To enhance students attendance
- An educational and literacy component where tutoring or homework assistance is provided in one or more of the following area: language arts, mathematics, history and social science, or science. This component should support the school’s core curriculum and the district/state standards. However, reading and math skill development will be the primary focus of the academic component since district-wide scores are lowest in these areas.
- An educational enrichment component that may include recreation, prevention, and youth development. Such activities might involve the arts, music, sports, recreation, career preparation activities, conflict resolution training, community service-learning, and other youth development activities based on student needs and interests.
- All students should attend the ASES five days a week (every school day) for the full length of the program.
- The program must operate for a minimum of three hours a day and at least until 5:00 p.m. on every regular school day (See exceptions in accordance with the district early release policy.)
- The program must maintain a pupil-to-staff ratio of no more that 20 to 1.
*Please be sure to complete all three forms. Failure to complete all required documents may result in a delay in processing your child's application.
Links to Our Other Pages:
Please contact the Frazier Park Boys and Girls' Club at 661-245-3139